Alarm Technician Assistant FT/PT
Global Engineering and Technology (GET) is looking for an experienced Alarm Technician Assistant to provide for the installation, maintenance, and operation of alarms and security systems installed in facilities managed by the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge Operations (ORO), in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
This work includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the installation and maintenance of alarms and related electronic circuits, access control systems, fire alarm circuits, and video monitoring systems
- System management of host central systems
- Upkeep of location/space where the equipment is installed
- Testing of systems
- Management and maintenance of alarm hardware/software, access control, and video systems
- Maintaining the maximum level of efficiency and dependability of all alarm systems and associated communications equipment located within ORO’s area of responsibility
- High School or Vocational School degree
- Associates' degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Computer Maintenance and Repair, or related field a plus
- Certifications a plus (CompTIA A+, Network+, etc.)
Experience and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years' experience in the installation and maintenance of alarms and related electronic equipment
- Proven ability to assist senior Technicians in a field environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new equipment and technologies as needed
None required, but must be eligible to qualify for and maintain a security clearance as needed. Must be a United States citizen.
We provide exceptional benefits to our full-time employees at little or no cost (applies to individual employee's coverage only - spouse/family coverage option available at a very affordable, company-subsidized rate).
- Medical plan options under United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability under MetLife
- 401(k) match with Principal Financial
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.