Nuclear Weapons SME
GET-NSA, LLC is seeking a Senior Analyst with nuclear weapons expertise to support the Department of Energy's Office of Classification in Germantown, MD.
This senior professional prepares classification guidance and classification/declassification policy documents in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, DOE orders, and DOE Office of Classification procedures for Restricted Data (RD), Formerly Restricted Data (FRD), National Security Information (NSI), and Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI), including but not limited to the technical areas described above. This leadership and guidance position requires the ability to lead working groups and develop white papers and presentations this position will require expert-level knowledge to advise senior DOE management on current technical issues related to subject areas such as ICF research or developments with INDs. This position requires excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Security Clearance: Candidate MUST be a United States citizen, and able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Applicant MUST have earned a degree in engineering or a physical science
- Applicant MUST have Nuclear Weapons experience
Minimum of ten (10) years' total field experience in the nuclear weapons subject area is required. Hands-on experience with nuclear weapons testing is preferred.
- Individual must be a subject matter expert in Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF), computer codes and simulation tools, nuclear weapon design, Weapon Science, Use Control and other surety aspects of nuclear weapons
- Must possess an expert level of knowledge of Improvised Nuclear Devices (INDs) and experience with development of computer code policy for the nuclear weapon complex is required
- Must have an advanced understanding of Radiation Exposure Devices and Radiological Dispersal Devices, including their basic science and technological principles
- An expert level of knowledge of programs to interdict nuclear materials is required, such as the Second Line of Defense
- Hands-on knowledge of computer code development to support the nuclear weapon complex is desirable, as is experience with XML computer language
- Must have experience working with DOE/NNSA/DoD/DHS/NRC and the national nuclear weapon laboratories
- Experience teaching and developing testing and educational materials for subjects such as IND or ICF is highly desirable
- First-hand experience with performance of document reviews for classification is required
We provide exceptional benefits to our full-time employees at little or no cost (applies to individual employee's coverage only - spouse/family coverage option available at a very affordable, company-subsidized rate).
- Medical plan options under United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability under MetLife
- 401(k) match with Principal Financial
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.