Declassification Analyst Mid-Level
This posting is for an experienced, mid-level Analyst.
(For Entry-level/Trainee opportunities, visit: https://get-nsa.workable.com/jobs/555398 )
Candidate must be a United States citizen, and able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Join Global Engineering and Technology, Inc. (www.getinc.org), in providing the United States Navy with gold-standard declassification support in one of the national declassification programs with the highest internal promotion rates. Join our team in performing some of our nation's most delicate, important, and rewarding work.
As an experienced second-tier Quality Control Declassification Analyst, you will work on-site at a government facility in Bethesda or College Park, Maryland, in support of the Navy’s Declassification Program. Each new hire is mentored by a team of professionals dedicated to the QC Analyst's constant growth and development. We are committed to preparing every level of team member to move up to the next step in their career.
If you have a background in second-tier declassification review, we want to speak with you about a rewarding career with our company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The QC Analyst will conduct second-tier declassification reviews in support of the US Navy, and analyze unclassified and classified documents to determine the appropriate actions in accordance with the precepts and protocols set forth by the Navy's ADR program and Executive Order 13526.
- The QC Analyst will mentor, assist, and provide feedback to Junior Analysts in an effort to constantly enhance their understanding of classified document markings and symbols, and their ability to apply that knowledge to the different types of documentation assigned
- The QC Analyst will utilize analytical skills to make determinations on documents for release, referral to other agencies, and exemption from automatic declassification
- The QC Analyst will recognize possible nuclear weapons and intelligence information requiring further review
- The QC Analyst will be able to properly handle boxes and documents (boxes can weigh between 15-25 lbs.) and ensure that the integrity of the contents of each and every archival box remains intact
- Candidate must be a United States citizen, and able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Military experience and 2 years of hands-on experience and knowledge relating to Declassification and E.O. 13526; or
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of hands-on experience and knowledge relating to Declassification and E.O. 13526; or
- Neither of the above, but 5 years of hands-on experience and knowledge relating to Declassification and E.O. 13526
- Ability to communicate effectively – both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, and adjust to established work patterns and processes as required
The Quality Control Declassification Analyst's beginning salary is $57,000 to $61,000 per year, depending on qualifications
Health and Wellness
We provide exceptional benefits to our full-time employees (as well as a spouse/family coverage option available at a company-subsidized rate).
- Medical plan options under United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability under MetLife
- 401(k) match
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.