Radio System Technician
Global Engineering and Technology (GET) is looking for an experienced Radio System Technician to join a small team of technicians dedicated to supporting and maintaining a Harris P25 trunked radio system in the Oak Ridge, Tennessee area. This team provides all necessary maintenance on an IP based, P25, Trunked, Simulcast Radio System and all of its related subsystems (including, but not limited to, all hardware, software, or configuration of any networks, servers, virtual machines, databases, authentication services, fiber optic, microwave, repeater stations, site controllers, antenna combining systems, dispatch consoles, conventional systems, and subscriber units).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform any necessary corrective and preventative maintenance related to the radio system and all of its related subsystems.
- Utilize management tools to monitor, administer, backup, restore, configure, and optimize various system infrastructure components.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot all systems and sub systems as required.
- Install, maintain, and repair systems and equipment in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Program and/or repair LMR subscriber and network infrastructure equipment using vendor specific Radio Service Software (RSS).
- Configure and upgrade system infrastructure and subscriber units as required.
- Provide technical assistance to various departments when necessary.
- Communicate with other technicians, end users, clients, and management on application and system issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Manage tasks and priorities simultaneously and quickly adapt to changes in requirements.
- Monitor health and welfare of network systems, virtual systems, and database servers.
- High School/GED or Vocational School degree
- Associates' degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Computer Maintenance and Repair, or equivalent work experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must possess skills to effectively analyze and solve complex issues related to systems configurations, hardware, software, or human interaction, and any combination of the above
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to pass an initial and random post hire drug screenings
- Ability to obtain a high level US Government security clearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to train for, and pass, the FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) exam
- Three years of previous experience working in related fields dealing with P25 IP based radio system infrastructure and or associated networking and servers
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Skills in reading schematics and in trouble shooting all types of electrical and electronic equipment
- Must be able to maintain good attendance and safety record
- Must be available for after-hours call-in and be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry test equipment and system equipment weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
None required for hire, but must be eligible to qualify for, and maintain, a security clearance as needed. Must be a United States citizen.
We provide exceptional benefits to our full-time employees at little or no cost (applies to individual employee's coverage only - spouse/family coverage option available at a very affordable, company-subsidized rate).
- Medical plan options under United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability under MetLife
- 401(k) match with Principal Financial
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.