Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer
GET-NSA is seeking an eLearning Instructional Designer with direct Instructional Design expertise to support the Department of Energy's Office of Classification in Germantown, MD.
The Instructional Designer and eLearning Developer (ID-ED) is responsible for creating, converting, maintaining and delivering eLearning content for online delivery. The ID-ED will leverage e-learning authoring tools as well as Adobe Creative Cloud applications to create, convert, or transfer various instructional media elements for online delivery.
Candidate must be a United States citizen. Candidate must have an active Top Secret or "Q" security clearance.
Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must be able to:
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create, deploy, and maintain eLearning content including: WBTs, Simulations, Scenario and game-based learning, Audio, Video, and additional media, as needed
- Build engaging, impactful user interfaces and graphic design elements for eLearning content; provide creative direction on interactivity, imagery and branding for supported organization
- Consult and collaborate with instructional project teams and SMEs to create effective eLearning solutions, prototypes, assessments, and other media
- Determine instructional media appropriate to learning strategies and learner resources; perform needs analysis, audience analysis and technical analysis; provide creative approaches to program design and explore and recommend ideas that broaden and enrich the coursework
- Review and test organization internal created content, and other media for use within the organization or disseminate as computer-based training (CBTs) media
- Researches current industry best practices in eLearning technologies and techniques, as well as research, test, and recommend developer tools
- Support the efforts of instructional project teams from inception to completion; perform Project Management tasks; manage multiple projects; organize and prioritize work and drive task completion
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience in government classification or controlled information program is a plus
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Training and Development, Web Design, or related field
An equivalent combination of technical certifications/experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in instructional design or instructional technology support of eLearning/multi-media development
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with eLearning authoring software
We provide exceptional benefits to our full-time employees (spouse/family coverage option available at a company-subsidized rate).
- Medical plan options under United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability under MetLife
- 401(k) match with Principal Financial
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.